So I've been getting the bug recently to get back to coaching soccer. However, I haven't wanted to do the year-round competitive club thing because of the lack of free weekends I would have. It can also be difficult using my vacation time to travel for tournaments. The other factor is that I have always dreamed of coaching high school soccer probably because I had such a good experience when I played in high school.
Last Fall I started watching the newspaper for open coaching positions at local high schools. Not much came up until January. Then I saw that Bishop Machebeuf High School which is on the old Lowry Air Force base re-development was looking for a head boys soccer coach. I emailed the AD to ask for more details. He wanted a soccer coaching resume so I quickly threw one together and sent it to him.
After a couple weeks I emailed him to see what was going on with the hiring process. He said he wanted to wait four to six weeks to gather resumes before he did interviews -- this would put it around early to mid March. Well I waited but never heard anything. I figured he must have filled the position. Fortunately I was wrong. I got a short email from him last week asking if I was still interested in the position to which I responded affirmatively. So we scheduled an interview for Monday afternoon. We met and talked about an hour and a half. I thought it went well but he had a couple more candidates to interview.
Well, I got a call from the AD this morning and he offered me the role! I will oversee the entire soccer program at the high school for the fall. I am going to meet the players next Monday. It makes me a little anxious because it will be a big time commitment for two to three months but I'm also very excited when thinking about it. Bishop Machebeuf High School is a private Catholic high school. This is also one of the two schools that Alli tutors at during the week. You can check our their website at http://www.machebeuf.org/.
Last Fall I started watching the newspaper for open coaching positions at local high schools. Not much came up until January. Then I saw that Bishop Machebeuf High School which is on the old Lowry Air Force base re-development was looking for a head boys soccer coach. I emailed the AD to ask for more details. He wanted a soccer coaching resume so I quickly threw one together and sent it to him.
After a couple weeks I emailed him to see what was going on with the hiring process. He said he wanted to wait four to six weeks to gather resumes before he did interviews -- this would put it around early to mid March. Well I waited but never heard anything. I figured he must have filled the position. Fortunately I was wrong. I got a short email from him last week asking if I was still interested in the position to which I responded affirmatively. So we scheduled an interview for Monday afternoon. We met and talked about an hour and a half. I thought it went well but he had a couple more candidates to interview.
Well, I got a call from the AD this morning and he offered me the role! I will oversee the entire soccer program at the high school for the fall. I am going to meet the players next Monday. It makes me a little anxious because it will be a big time commitment for two to three months but I'm also very excited when thinking about it. Bishop Machebeuf High School is a private Catholic high school. This is also one of the two schools that Alli tutors at during the week. You can check our their website at http://www.machebeuf.org/.
Comments