Late Friday night Alvin woke up crying - who knows why but possibly from a bad dream. I got up and tried to console him in order to settle him back into sleeping. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in sleeping at this point. Well, I was tired from a full week of training camp with the high school soccer team so after about 15 minutes I just brought him to bed with me. This still didn't work and he was tossing and turning about. Still desiring my precious sleep I decided to return him to his crib and let him cry it out. It's amazing how I can sleep through such things now. Anyway, I put him in his crib, he began crying right away, I turned and headed for the door, and just as I was closing it I heard a big thump and louder crying. Alli woke up too and ran to the room. We turned on the light to see the little man laying on his back on the hard wood floor. Apparently he figured out - accidentally or pre-meditated I'm not sure - how to use his height and weight to lean over the top rail and do an end over. Since that night he has not escaped again but has pushed himself over into my hands when I've come to retrieve him. Fortunately we found that the mattress could go one more notch lower. Alli's dad stopped by today to see the little fella and got to help me with this project. Hopefully the bars will keep Alvin in his nightly home for another few months before we have to purchase a lid for it.
Late Friday night Alvin woke up crying - who knows why but possibly from a bad dream. I got up and tried to console him in order to settle him back into sleeping. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in sleeping at this point. Well, I was tired from a full week of training camp with the high school soccer team so after about 15 minutes I just brought him to bed with me. This still didn't work and he was tossing and turning about. Still desiring my precious sleep I decided to return him to his crib and let him cry it out. It's amazing how I can sleep through such things now. Anyway, I put him in his crib, he began crying right away, I turned and headed for the door, and just as I was closing it I heard a big thump and louder crying. Alli woke up too and ran to the room. We turned on the light to see the little man laying on his back on the hard wood floor. Apparently he figured out - accidentally or pre-meditated I'm not sure - how to use his height and weight to lean over the top rail and do an end over. Since that night he has not escaped again but has pushed himself over into my hands when I've come to retrieve him. Fortunately we found that the mattress could go one more notch lower. Alli's dad stopped by today to see the little fella and got to help me with this project. Hopefully the bars will keep Alvin in his nightly home for another few months before we have to purchase a lid for it.
Comments