Ahh... Saturday. The weekend! This morning we got up early - at least it was early for me after being out late celebrating the birthdays of my friends Stevens and Alex. Alli dragged me out of bed around 6:30am so I could drop her off at her event. She was helping to lead an Advent Prayer Retreat and had to get the lunches together. So we ate breakfast, got ready, and left in the 6 degree cold Denver air.
After stopping and getting all the boxed lunches for the retreat we headed over to the house where it was taking place. Alli and I were talking as we heard from the backseat the sound of ripping paper. I turned around to find Alvin had ripped open a small paper bag that had several chocolate chip cookies inside. He had pulled one out and already taken a bite of it. Apparently we don't feed him enough breakfast - either that or we don't feed him enough cookies for breakfast. Needless to say, he got to finish off the cookie.
The rest of the day was nice and rather uneventful for me. I mailed mom's birthday present and went to the gym for a cardio workout. However, I did get called off my bike at the gym to the Kid's Club (daycare) for Alvin. He had been walking around with a toy when he tripped and fell and got a good little bruise under his left eye. By the time I got to Kid's Club he was fine and off playing with something else.
Other than that, we ate lunch, Alli came home, and both Alvin and I got a nap. This evening we went to our friend Becky's house for a Christmas party. Alvin takes after his Aunt Kristen and has a newfound love for marshmallows.
After stopping and getting all the boxed lunches for the retreat we headed over to the house where it was taking place. Alli and I were talking as we heard from the backseat the sound of ripping paper. I turned around to find Alvin had ripped open a small paper bag that had several chocolate chip cookies inside. He had pulled one out and already taken a bite of it. Apparently we don't feed him enough breakfast - either that or we don't feed him enough cookies for breakfast. Needless to say, he got to finish off the cookie.
The rest of the day was nice and rather uneventful for me. I mailed mom's birthday present and went to the gym for a cardio workout. However, I did get called off my bike at the gym to the Kid's Club (daycare) for Alvin. He had been walking around with a toy when he tripped and fell and got a good little bruise under his left eye. By the time I got to Kid's Club he was fine and off playing with something else.
Other than that, we ate lunch, Alli came home, and both Alvin and I got a nap. This evening we went to our friend Becky's house for a Christmas party. Alvin takes after his Aunt Kristen and has a newfound love for marshmallows.
Comments