Another week, another day at the library... actually I just got home from the library to a quiet, peaceful condo. Alvin has been cutting teeth for the last week, drooling everywhere, not eating, and possibly feeling ill. However, he is not home right now but out running errands with Alli. This morning I had two meetings with people that I am thankful are in my life. One meeting was with Hugh - he is the leader of Adullam and becoming a mentor-type person for me. Although he wants us to become part of the leadership at Adullam he is very encouraging when I process the church plant idea with him. He has great insight having trained and coached many hundreds of church planters.
My second meeting was with Glenda who is a retired Methodist pastor. We got to know each other when we were serving congregations that met at Grant Ave Community Center. She is a very gracious person who is passionate about spiritual formation and interested in understanding how the church is changing with the younger generation. Both of my friends were helpful in processing my potential ventures.
As for vocational updates, we have officially narrowed it down to two options. Hugh and Adullam are the known entity that we could join at any time. With Adullam we would raise our own support as missionaries to Denver. We would go through an apprenticeship training program and start interacting with the other leaders within the organization.
With the church plant idea, we would start a new church in Denver with three other couples we know. Jodi Adams, Nick Lillo, and I would most likely form the initial pastoral team and be a part of a larger leadership council with the others to guide the direction of the church. We are now meeting weekly to discuss and plan out what the church could be and look like. Monday we met for five hours at the Lillo's home. We have been processing through our values and dreams for this new church. We still have lots to work through and many questions to answer. We will also begin seeking contributors to this project and seek to potentially align with a denomination. Whether or not this church idea comes together or not is yet to be known. At the very least we have shared some good meals together and invested more into these relationships.
Allison leaves tomorrow for New Orleans by way of Austin. I will be home with Alvin until Monday morning. I really hope he starts feeling better soon. Right now I have to get ready for my job at Coors Field. Maybe the Rockies will figure out how to win again and turn the ship around tonight.
My second meeting was with Glenda who is a retired Methodist pastor. We got to know each other when we were serving congregations that met at Grant Ave Community Center. She is a very gracious person who is passionate about spiritual formation and interested in understanding how the church is changing with the younger generation. Both of my friends were helpful in processing my potential ventures.
As for vocational updates, we have officially narrowed it down to two options. Hugh and Adullam are the known entity that we could join at any time. With Adullam we would raise our own support as missionaries to Denver. We would go through an apprenticeship training program and start interacting with the other leaders within the organization.
With the church plant idea, we would start a new church in Denver with three other couples we know. Jodi Adams, Nick Lillo, and I would most likely form the initial pastoral team and be a part of a larger leadership council with the others to guide the direction of the church. We are now meeting weekly to discuss and plan out what the church could be and look like. Monday we met for five hours at the Lillo's home. We have been processing through our values and dreams for this new church. We still have lots to work through and many questions to answer. We will also begin seeking contributors to this project and seek to potentially align with a denomination. Whether or not this church idea comes together or not is yet to be known. At the very least we have shared some good meals together and invested more into these relationships.
Allison leaves tomorrow for New Orleans by way of Austin. I will be home with Alvin until Monday morning. I really hope he starts feeling better soon. Right now I have to get ready for my job at Coors Field. Maybe the Rockies will figure out how to win again and turn the ship around tonight.
Comments