Today is Mardi Gras, or traditionally, Shrove Tuesday. The Christian season of Lent begins tomorrow. Just thought I would throw that random info out there for any followers of the Christian calendar.
Allison and I are at the hospital this afternoon. I am trying to get a little work done in the family room of the NICU while Alli is holding Olivia. Olivia looks well. The nurses continue to increase her feeding from mom's milk and she is taking it very well. The night nurse washed Olivia's hair last night for the first time and it is looking very blond. The docs did an ekg on her chest yesterday and an ultrasound on her brain today. The artery on her heart is smaller but still open. They are going to wait a couple days and see what happens. No results on the ultrasound yet.
Allison will have her surgery on Thurs about 11am. We found out today that it is expected to take five and a half hours to complete it. Apparently the doctors want to take their time and be very thorough - I kind of appreciate that. That's all for now.
Allison and I are at the hospital this afternoon. I am trying to get a little work done in the family room of the NICU while Alli is holding Olivia. Olivia looks well. The nurses continue to increase her feeding from mom's milk and she is taking it very well. The night nurse washed Olivia's hair last night for the first time and it is looking very blond. The docs did an ekg on her chest yesterday and an ultrasound on her brain today. The artery on her heart is smaller but still open. They are going to wait a couple days and see what happens. No results on the ultrasound yet.
Allison will have her surgery on Thurs about 11am. We found out today that it is expected to take five and a half hours to complete it. Apparently the doctors want to take their time and be very thorough - I kind of appreciate that. That's all for now.
Comments