We have a two pounder! I just got back from the NICU. She officially weighed in at 915 grams or about 2 pounds and one-quarter ounce. She is eating well and "pooping up a storm" as the nurse told me.
Besides watching her get weighed I got to hold her for a couple hours. It is incredible how calm and content she gets when being held by mom or dad. Many times just the sound of our voice or the touch of our hand will relax her. It is good for me too. I love getting to sit with her. It allows me to breathe and relax as well.
Since Allison brought up her name on the last post, I thought I would add a little trivia. After we had already named her (and because we did not have a chance to do so beforehand), I found a book of names and looked up the meaning of her name. Olivia comes from Hebrew origin meaning olive tree which is a symbol of peace. Ironically it also has an English derivation meaning elf army, which is funny since Alvin means elf friend. Jane also derives from the Hebrew, meaning God is gracious. I love that her name has this meaning. I truly feel that God has been gracious to us through this whole process. No matter what happens from here out, the fact that she is alive and we have gotten to know and experience her for nearly 20 days is an undeserved gift from God. Thanks be to him.
Besides watching her get weighed I got to hold her for a couple hours. It is incredible how calm and content she gets when being held by mom or dad. Many times just the sound of our voice or the touch of our hand will relax her. It is good for me too. I love getting to sit with her. It allows me to breathe and relax as well.
Since Allison brought up her name on the last post, I thought I would add a little trivia. After we had already named her (and because we did not have a chance to do so beforehand), I found a book of names and looked up the meaning of her name. Olivia comes from Hebrew origin meaning olive tree which is a symbol of peace. Ironically it also has an English derivation meaning elf army, which is funny since Alvin means elf friend. Jane also derives from the Hebrew, meaning God is gracious. I love that her name has this meaning. I truly feel that God has been gracious to us through this whole process. No matter what happens from here out, the fact that she is alive and we have gotten to know and experience her for nearly 20 days is an undeserved gift from God. Thanks be to him.
Comments